Monday 16 September 2024

French toast

I tried a well-known bakery but was disappointed by the texture as it was dry.  To cut wastage as my family wasn't keen to eat it, so I decided to turn it into French toast instead.

Pardon the no dressed up plating as I was busy with other domestic chores but wanted to document down the recipe before I forgets.

This recipe ignited my curiosity because it has flour added to it.


Findings: It tasted quite the same as one without flour and I have since revised the recipe with added sugar for it to taste better.

What you need:

5 small eggs
35g plain flour
200g milk
80g sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Method:

Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla.

Sift flour and add in sugar, salt and cinnamon.

Slowly whisk in the egg mixture.  Sieve.

Soak the bread in the mixture.

Heat the pan and add in the butter, fry until golden brown on both sides.

Serve with jam, honey or whipping cream and fruits.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.