Friday 25 August 2023

Creamy Carbonara Pasta with bacon

Today for my son’s birthday, I prepared Italian night for him as he loves eating Italian food such as pizza, lasagna, pizza etc.

For Lasagna, I used the trusted recipe that I tried many times before.



This is my first time cooking carbonara sauce as I prefer tomato-based pasta.   I used bacon as it is well liked by my son.  

This egg-based Creamy Carbonara Pasta turned out not too bad and the fussy son was not complaining.  Personally, I think I should make it more saucy.



This is the 1st year we celebrate their birthday without the other bubs.  Hope she has a blast on her 21st birthday.

Happy birthday, kiddos.


What you need:

2 tsp olive oil
200g bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 egg yolks (room temperature)
2 eggs (room temperature)
½ cup cream
75g parmesan cheese

Method:

Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.

Add in the bacon and garlic and fry until the bacon is crisp.  Drain.

Whisk egg yolks, eggs, cream, and ¾ of the parmesan together in a bowl.  

Season with salt and pepper.

Add egg mixture and bacon mixture to the cooked pasta.

Season with salt and pepper again.

Toss over low heat until well combined.

Serve with remaining parmesan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.