Wednesday 24 April 2013

Cocoa Fudge Cookies

I know with such terrible heat, we should not be eating heaty stuff especially like chocolate but I just can't seems to shake off the crave.

Initially I wanted to bake this as a gift as I was meeting a friend for breakfast but I got back really late and was totally exhausted last night.  Felt really bad meeting up with empty hand.

Anyway, since I already gathered the ingredients, I might as well follow thorough.

The last time I baked these were years ago.  I think I attempted this twice despite me loving it so much.  Don't asked me why, perhaps I have so many recipes to try that there is no room for replication. 


Verdict: This is a chewy type of cookies with intense chocolate flavour and it has no egg.

So far, I have yet to come across someone who doesn't like this cookie.  

Cocoa Fudge Cookies (adapted from Alice Medrich). 

What you need 
125g plain flour 
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda 
⅛ tsp salt 
¼ cup butter, room temperature 
7 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened) 
100g sugar 
58g brown sugar 
1/3 cup plain yogurt 
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup dried cranberries 

Method 
Preheat oven to 175 degree celcius. 

Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. 

In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. 

Sift cocoa and then stir sugars. 

Add yogurt and vanilla extract. 

Add flour and mix until just combined. 

Stir in dried cranberries. 

Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. 

Press down slightly to flatten; cookies do not spread a lot. 

Bake for 9-12 minutes or until set and slightly firm at the edges. 

Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.