Thursday 25 April 2013

Green Tea Muffin

It’s been quite a while I had a party.  My kinder friends are coming over for a gathering and I am very excited especially when it is a spa theme.  

With my new toys, I actually can't wait to put my "new found" skill into practise. 

How can a party be without food right?  

Now we are back to be like little girls going for a dressed up party and I am so looking forward to.

As usual, I broke down the process.  So here is what I put together on top of some durian that CC will bring over.

Green Tea Muffin.  I made a batch of cooked red bean but somehow I couldn't find it anymore except for a little speck left in the fridge.  I guess my helper has been helping herself again.  It just irked me when she eats without having the family in mind.  So often, she will help herself to what she likes and left nothing for the family.  Am I sounding petty?

Luckily I have a can of red bean but upon opening it is actually a paste rather than cooked red bean.  Though it wasn't what I had in mind, at least it didn't foil my plan.


Verdict: I find it a little too dry for my liking, will adjust the liquid for my next round.  Overall, really like the green tea flavour.



What you need:

7g matcha powder
143g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g castor sugar
100g melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
red bean paste

Method:

Mix dry ingredients together.

Whisk egg, melted butter and milk together.

Add egg mixture into flour mixture.  Stir till combined.  It is okay to have lumps.

Fill liner half and top with some red bean paste and fill the remaining to 2/3 full.

Bake at 180 deg for 20 - 25 mins.


2 comments:

  1. Love all the three recipes! All look very yummy especially the green bean soup with durian :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.