Thursday 25 April 2013

Bak Kwa Muffin

Next is the Bak Kwa Muffin.  Years ago, I tasted this during a baking class that I attended.  The teacher's recipe was actually published in one of those Chinese magazine but since I don't subscribe, I never had a chance to try that.  So this is what I came up with.  Initially I was worried that I overload it with bak kwa but am pleased that it turned out much better than I expected.


If you like bak kwa, you might enjoy this.  Personally I like it very much.  It has the right balance of savoury and sweet in this muffin.

Give it a try if you like bak kwa just like me.


What you need:

143g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
103g castor sugar
45g melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
125g bak kwa, cut into tiny pieces

Method:

Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.  Add sugar and give it a quick stir.

In another bowl, but melted butter, egg and milk together.  Whisk till it is combined.

Add bak kwa into flour mixture.

Add egg mixture into flour mixture.

Stir till combined.  It is okay to be lumpy. 

Spoon into the liner and baked at 180 deg for 20 - 25 mins or till golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.