Wednesday 22 January 2014

Olive Fried Rice

I have been seriously neglecting this blog.  Just lack the motivation to blog about what I cooked.  Sometime I feel that it is time for me to move on but thinking that it will be a good journal to pass down to my little girl, I hesitated.  

After the holiday, I was nursing an injured shoulder (ya, I hurt it while holidaying).  Thus besides cooking, I haven't been baking at all.  I am still going for my acupuncture treatment and hopefully it will recover in time for CNY.   
I am not even excited about CNY baking anymore.  Sad isn't it?  
Before our break, Mommy gave me a bottle of olive and since today, little one is jam packed with activities, she needs to have a quick lunch while on the go. 

With the howling wind that we are getting daily, staying in bed seems to be a better choice than being in the kitchen.  Though I can still perform the daily function but I was just not motivated to do more or rather try to keep it minimal.  

Fried rice will be an easy pack lunch.  Of course, I am sure girl will prefers me to cook luncheon meat but I just wanted to finish out the bottle of olive soon and fast and that is the only way I know I can do so.  Anyway, it has been years ago we last had Olive Fried Rice.

Let's hope she will enjoy this now that she is older and more adventurous in palette.



What you need:

Overnight jasmine rice
Preserved olive, chopped finely
Cucumber, cubed
Egg, beaten
Minced pork
Minced garlic
Fish sauce
Pepper

Method:

Marinate pork with soya sauce, sesame oil and pepper.

Heat wok until over hot.  Sautee minced garlic until slightly brown and add in seasoned minced pork.  Fry until cooked and fragrant.

Add in minced olive and mixed thoroughly with meat.  Remove.

Heat wok again and add in oil.  Wait till oil starts to smoke, add in rice.  Spread it out gently so that rice is contact with wok.  

Pour in beaten egg and thoroughly coat rice with it.

Add in meat mixture.  Mixed.

Seasoned with fish sauce and pepper.  Stir well.

Add in cubed cucumber and stir well.

Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edith, I was wondering what happened to you, haven't seen you blogging for some time. So sorry to hear of your shoulder injury. Hope you'll have a speedy recovery soon. Wishing you and family a happy and prosperous Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.