Sunday, 4 May 2014

Scallops wrapped in bacon

My kids love bacon.  Besides serving it with eggs, asparagus, I have not tried with scallops.  

Bought some really juicy scallops and went on to pair them off with bacon.

I also wanted to see how effective the air fryer will be.  It was messy, oily and my kitchen literally smoked out.  Luckily the cleaning up was not as bad as a BBQ pit. In fact, I just soaked the basket and the pot together and after 15 mins, I was able to scrub off all the charred bits easily.

Next time, I will the air fryer in the wet kitchen.

As for the scallops, I didn't expose the scallop as I was afraid that it will be overcooked by the time the bacon browned.  So I wrapped it fully with bacon and the scallop turned out still juicy and the bacon crisped.

Scallops wrapped in bacon, absolutely delicious!  Really nice finger food.

  


What you need:

Scallops

Bacon

Toothpick


Method:


Wrap the bacon over the scallop.  Secure with toothpick.


Air fry it at 180 deg for 18 mins to get a nice golden brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment