Monday 1 December 2014

French Crepe (Ham and Cheese)


There are so many things that I bookmarked for my kitchen activities and tell myself to achieve it by November but I was so busy.  The time just flew past and before I knew it, month of November had passed.

I guess fulfilling my promise to my girl that I will reward her for her hard work and thus had been lining up as much activities for her to enjoy the fruit of her labour.  

Anyway, she had been cooking for the past two days and guess it is my turn today.

My family and I love this soup place at Plaza Singapura and always patronize them whenever we are in that area.  When I found out that they started a branch nearer to me, I was delighted but somehow over these past years, I only visited it recently.  Was really disappointed by their slow service now.

Besides the soup, I also like their crepes but I think they are getting expensive.

So today I decided to make my own using Bobby Flay's French Crepe recipe.  Yes I had intended to participate the last even for "Cook like a Star" but I guess now I missed the deadline.  Well... welll.... at least my girl still gets to enjoy this for her lunch.

Now do you like my ham and cheese crepe?


Source: Bobby Flay

What you need:

¾ cup plain flour
⅛ tsp fine salt
¾ cup whole milk
2 tbsp water
3 large eggs
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan

Method:

Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl.

Whisk together the milk, water, eggs, and butter in a small bowl.

Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 1 day.

Heat a 6-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat and brush the bottom and sides with melted butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Ladle 2 ounces of the mixture into the pan, swirling to evenly coat the pan with the mixture.

Cook pancake until just set on the first side, approximately 1 minute. Flip over and cook for an additional 20 to 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and repeat all steps with the remaining mixture, stacking the pancakes and covering them with foil to keep them warm.

Fillings:

Cheese
Ham



Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Looks really inviting! Like you, I've a long list of to-do and to-bake as well. This one will be one of them. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,
    Guessed that your girl has done well in her PSLE?
    Oh yes, I like this yummy savoury ham & cheese crêpe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she did and we are proud of her. She really worked very hard for this.

      Delete
  3. Edith, this is a killer ! My boy has been asking it for ages. Still owing him one breakfast. haha....
    Have a lovely evening dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does this recipe have one heating two pans at different heat levels? It doesnt really look like youre going to use one of them in this particular process...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.