Tuesday 15 September 2015

Crispy prawn fritters 香脆炸虾 (1)

When we were young, one of our favourite was this Crispy Fried Prawn Fritters 香脆炸虾.  My mom does it really well but now she is so old, she can't recall how she done it in the past.

Thus when I saw a member posted this recipe, I was eager to make for my family. 

I hardly deep fried food these days as my kids are always on a diet due to competition.

Since now competition days are still many months away, this will be the best time to have it for dinner.



Findings:  I wasn't able to coat the prawns until it puff when deep fried.  I shall reduce the water to 110g next round to make a thicker batter.

Overall, it is crispy and must eat hot.


Source: Singapore Home Cook

What you need:

21 pcs of prawns, deshell and devein
sesame oil
pepper
salt

60g plain flour
25g rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
pepper
120g water
1 tbsp hot oil

Method:

Marinate prawns with sesame oil, pepper and salt.  Set aside.

In a bowl, mix plain flour, rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper together.

Using a whisk, slowly add in water, stir until lumpfree.

Add in the hot oil just before deep frying.  Mix well.

Dip seasoned prawn into the batter.

Immediately lower it into the hot oil.  Deep fried until both sides are golden.

Remove and drain.

Serve.


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.