Monday 19 October 2015

Papaya with white fungus sweet soup (木瓜雪耳糖水)

Right after the exam, I have been totally relaxed and neglected my blog.

The stress-free days were uplifting but not the haze.  After settling all my charity errands, I am finally able to settle down to write about this sweet soup we had.

I have never incorporated papaya into dessert as we usually have it raw so when I served this, my girl was curious that we ate our papaya hot/warm.

Since my kids are not a big fan of white fungus and I wanted them to eat more because of this haze issue, I decided to blitz them in my blender.

The result was delightful.  It is as if we are eating bird nest soup. hehehe..

Went on to chill the rest of the Papaya with white fungus sweet soup (木瓜雪耳糖水) and it turned out even better.

So serve this chill.



What you need:

1 small size papaya
1 small white fungus (the crunchy type)
rock sugar to taste

Method:

Soak white fungus until soft.  Remove all the hard bits.

Skin and deseed papaya.  Cut into a small chunks.

In a pot of water, add in white fungus and boil for 20 mins.

Add in papaya and simmer for 15 mins.

Add rock sugar to taste.

Serve chill.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.