Monday 22 April 2019

Air fried Ikan Bilis

In the past, I always have trouble getting crispy ikan bilis.   Mine was either burnt or it wasn't crispy.  Later on, I learnt that I need to drain the ikan bilis well before frying them in low heat first and then increase the heat to high to crisp it.

Years later, someone told me that outside vendors do not wash their ikan bilis and that is why it is crispy.

I have tried that method too and it was indeed very crispy but the thought of these babies sunbathing in the open with flies buzzing around, did not appeal to me the least bits.

Using air fryer to fry Ikan Bilis really save me a lot of oil.

On the other hand, I was able to achieve both the crispness as well as the hygiene factors using the air fryer.

These Air Fried Ikan Bilis is going to be an accompaniment and the rest will be  TV snack for hubby.



What you need:

200g ikan bilis
1 tbsp oil

Method:

Rinse the ikan bilis and drain.

Preheat air fryer to 160°C.  Air fry them for 10 mins in the basket.

Remove and place them into a 7" baking pan.

Add oil, mix evenly and air fried them at 140°C for 10 mins or until crispy. (depending on the size of your ikan bilis)

Remove and cool completely before storing in airtight container.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.