Thursday 18 April 2019

Air fried peanuts

I used to use the wok to fry raw peanuts.  

3 pointers mom taught were:
  • Maintain medium low heat.
  • Stirring often to ensure all peanuts are evenly cooked.
  • Listen from "heavy" to "light" tone (Light means the peanut is cooked).
To remove skin:
  • Pour onto a clean tea towel and rub.
  • Use the colander to "sift" out the skin.
For me, I find this tedious and luckily I am no fan of peanuts unless the recipe calls for it.

So today, I am trying the air fried method.  

This air fried peanuts turned out crunchy and nicely brown in less than 15 mins without monitoring.  


This peanut is for a "project" that I am going to experience.

For the balance, hubby can have it as snack whom I am sure he will be delighted as he is a nut lover.

Learning: Though I am no fan of peanuts I am glad that I made the decision to buy this variety (small and round).  It turned out really sweet and it has that light texture to it.  Crunchy and sweet..... mmmm... this might turn me into a peanut lover soon.

What you need:

200g raw peanuts
1 tbsp peanut oil
½ tsp salt

Method:

Preheat air fryer to 140°C.  

Add the raw peanuts into a 7" baking pan.

Air fried it for 10 mins.

Add in peanut oil and salt and mix to evenly coat.  Return pan to the air fryer.

Air fried it for another 5 mins at 160°C. 

Cool completely before storing in airtight container.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.