Saturday 5 March 2016

Injeolmi Toast 인절미 토스트

Recently I went to a bingsu cafe near my house and one of the specialty is Injeolmi Toast.

It is a simple sandwich toast with my favourite mochi in it and top off with some cheese.  For that price I think it is a little steep.

In fact, as compared to the other bingsu cafe that I visited before, I think in this place, the premium bingsu cost more than those in the city centre as it is rather plain with no brownies or cheesecake.  


Despite that, I do like the staff and the place is spacious.  A really good place to hang out with friends over a cup of tea or coffee as it is not crowded and able to have decent conversation without straining your vocal cord.

Anyway, I was really inspired to make Injeolmi Toast  인절미 토스트 myself.


Initially I wanted to make the Injeolmi (mochi) but since I have a packet of ready made mochi, putting together this toast became easy peasy.

If you want to make your own Injeolmi, I would recommend this video.

What you need:
Serve 4

4 mochi cake, cut into 8 for each toast
8 slices White toast
Butter, soften
4 tbsp Bean powder
4 tbsp Castor sugar
Honey
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Toasted almond slice

Method:

Mix bean powder with castor sugar. Set aside

Slice mochi cake into slices (depending on how thick you like).  Since mine is pre packed, I actually toasted it for 2 mins to soften the mochi cake.

Spread toast with a generous amount of butter and sides.  Toast them lightly.  Remove

Place sliced mochi cake on the toast.

Drizzle and sprinkle a generous amount of honey and bean powder

Place the other slice of butter toast over it.

Butter the top of the toast, sprinkle more bean powder mixture.

Add a generous amount of cheese.

Toast until it is golden brown.

Drizzle honey and garnish with toasted almond.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.