Wednesday 23 March 2016

Thai Basil Pork Rice (Pat Krapaw Moo Sap)

Last year, the parent volunteers cooked for visitors visiting the school open house.  One of the item offered was Thai Basil Pork Rice (Pat Krapaw Moo Sap).

Don't laugh for this is the first time I remembered this dish.  Though it is a popular dish, my limited knowledge of Thai food that came to mind each time only have tom yum soup, thai fish cake, pineapple rice, mango salad  and etc.
I am sure I ate this before but the impression was not deep until that day.   I had the impression that this dish is hard to replicate but A who is the main chef said that it was an easy dish to prepare.

So inspired that today I know I have to cook it myself.



What you need:
Serve 4

400g minced pork
8 cloves minced garlic
5 chilli padi (adjust to your heat level)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
3 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
20g thai basil (leaves only)

Garnish 

Chilli, sliced
Cucumber, sliced

Method:

Pound chilli padi and minced garlic lightly.

Heat oil in wok, stir fry chilli and minced garlic until fragrant.

Add in minced pork and stir fry until fragrant and cooked.

Add in the seasoning and water and continue to stir fry the pork until well combined.

Turn off heat and add in the thai basil.

Serve with jasmine rice and an egg omelette.

Garnish with cucumber and chilli


Term 2 has started and very soon it will be mid year exam.  How time flies isn't it?

Enjoy your day.

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.