Thursday 6 October 2016

Kale Chips

Kale was called the "Queen of greens".  Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat.  It is also:

- high in iron (better than eating beef)
- high in Vitamin K (helps people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease)
- powerful antioxidants (protect against various cancers)
- great anti-inflammatory food (fight or help again arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders)
- great for cardiovascular support (help lower cholesterol levels)
- high in Vitamin A (for vision, skin)
- high in Vitamin C (for immune system, metabolism and hydration)
- high in calcium (aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility
- great detox food.

I have never eaten Kale Chips before and was curious how it taste like.  Since I only used up a small amount of kale for another recipe, thus I wanted to try this out.

Looking at the recipe, this seems so easy to achieve.  A pity my air fryer went dead.  If not, I think I can have this weekly as I don't have to churn out a big batch using the oven.

Time to shop for a new air fryer when I next visit the home appliances dept?  We shall see whether this is beyond repair first.


Findings: After trying both (the big bunch variety that I bought) and tasted the smaller organic variety.  I must say that the big bunch is more bitter as compared to the organic variety.

I shall look out for the organic ones next trip.

What you need:

Kale
Salt
Olive oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Wash and cut kale into small pieces.


Drain and dry thoroughly.

Spread the kales onto a non stick baking pan.

Drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle salt.

Bake for 20 mins or until kale is crisp on the lowest rack and place a baking tray just above it.

Cool on rack and store in air tight container.



In the meantime, with so much benefit for this leafy greens, it is time to load up with such goodness!

Don't you agree?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.