Wednesday 19 October 2016

Rösti

I used to enjoy M's rösti but the quality has dropped tremendously and the serving size became so pathetic.

I have tried making it at home before but I failed as I couldn't not bring the shredded potatoes together when I flipped over.

Am happy with my Rösti experiment and has since cooked twice for the family.


Findings: Don't cook too thick a portion.  Add oil to crisp it nicely.  Always on med low heat with cover to ensure portion is cook thoroughly.   For 1.4kg potatoes, I was able to churn out 6 X 8".

It takes time for the potato to cook so this is definitely not a fast meal you want to add to your list.

What you need:
Serve 2

500g russet potato (peeled)
1 tbsp potato starch
1 tsp salt

Sour cream


Method:

Soak potato in salt water.

Using a mandolin, shred potato.

Squeeze out excess water.

Add in potato starch and salt.  Mix well.

Heat a frying pan and drizzle in some oil.  Place two ladle full shredded potato onto the pan.  Spread out evenly.

Flatten with spatula.  Cover and let it cook until golden brown on low med heat.

Flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.

Serve with sausages (or any meat of your choice) with a dollop of sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.