Monday 9 January 2017

Beef Rice Bowl

A and I were on the topic of eating red meat as both of us already hit a certain age. As we aged, we should cut down on it, then again, abstaining it totally is also not good.  Thus it is better to eat in moderation.

Besides the religion purpose, I observed that children who abstain from red meat are generally smaller in bone structure.   I am not sure whether my observation is correct but this is how I feel.  Please don't shoot me if my opinion differs from yours but you are welcome to share your thoughts.

During my trip, we didn't have much choices as it was late when we checked in.  The closest eatery was this rice bowl place.  The meat was flavourful and yet sweetish.  Totally delicious and was it because we were already very hungry.

So here is Beef Rice bowl that I whipped up for the family.  Yet another easy dish that requires minimum of time.


Serves: 4

What you need:

500g minced topside beef (you can use slice beef too)
1 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tbsp brown sugar (can reduce to 1.5 tbsp if less sweet) ­
red, yellow and green bell pepper (your choice)
salt and pepper
Rice, cooked

Garnish


1 bunch spring onions, diced
4 egg omelettes

Method:

Marinate minced beef with mirin, soya sauce and sesame oil for 1 hour.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic with sesame oil until fragrant.

Add in beef and continue to cook till meat turned opaque.

Drain off excess oil if any and add brown sugar, salt and pepper and bell peppers.

Simmer for a few minutes.

Serve over steamed rice and top with omelette and spring onions.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.