Tuesday 1 August 2017

Potato Pancake

Everytime when I made potato pancake, I think about my dad.  This is his favourite and it is mine too.

In my family, my kids tend prefer potatoes and bread more than rice.  So since all are home for dinner, I shall cook this for them.

Give this a twist from the usual way I prepared them, so let's hope they will like it.



What you need:

1kg russet potatoes, peeled
¼ cup yellow onion
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs
¼ cup potato starch
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
2 tbsp sole fish powder (optional)

vegetable oil for frying

Method:

Peel and grate potatoes

Grate onion into the same bowl.

Remove excess liquid from potato mixture.

Add in salt, eggs, potato starch, baking powder, sole fish and turmeric powder.  Mix well.

Heat up oil and pan fry until golden brown on both sides.

Serve.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.