Thursday 10 May 2018

Double Chocolate Scone

Been feeling low energy with this super humid weather.  Baked these Double Chocolate Scone to fix the craving for some chocolate.

Perfect as I have some black cocoa powder on hand.  I wonder who concocted this? In the past, you don't even see this in the market or am I living in dinosaur land?


Findings: Really chocolatey in taste.  If you are a chocolate lover you will like this.  Texture wise, I think I overbaked it a little and thus have adjusted the timing.

Not too bad, considering lately, she has turned to a non chocolate lover, my princess took two servings at one go!  

Anyway, I think these will go well with clotted cream but unfortunately I am too lazy to go out and buy a tub.

What you need:

365g bread flour
25g black cocoa powder
100g sugar
4g salt
5g baking powder

400ml whipping cream
200g chocolate chips

1 egg yolk
1 tbsp milk


Method:

Combine bread flour, black cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder.  Whisk together until well distributed.

Add in whipping cream and mix until a rough dough is formed.

Add in chocolate chips and mix until a dough is form.  Do not over work.

Pour onto a cling wrap.. 

Flatten in a disc with your hand gently and wrapped it in clingwrap.  Chill for 1 day.

Cut into 8 pcs and transfer to lined baking sheet.

Brush on egg wash. 

Bake at 180°C for 20 - 25 mins.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.