Thursday 3 May 2018

Easy Sweet Red Bean Soup with Mochi ぜんざい

I had a kinder mate gathering and since I cannot stand long, I decided to just make Sweet Red Bean Soup with Mochi ぜんざい as I have some ready-made red beans done.

It was really easy to put together and as for the mochi, I used store-bought ones.  Just grill them in the toaster and voila.

Glad that the group enjoyed this and find the texture good.



What you need:

250g Ready made sweetened red bean
100g Cooked rice
1 litre water
Store-bought mochi

Method:

Combine ready-made sweetened red beans, cooked rice, and water in a blender. 

Blitz until smooth and adjust the water to the consistency you like.

Pour into a pot and bring it to a boil again.

Grill the mochi until golden and puffed.

Place mochi in the red bean soup when you are served. 


Note: you need not add sugar as the sweetened red bean is already sweet.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting to see rice in this recipe. I presume it is normal white rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.