Monday 8 October 2018

Stamped Shortbread Cookie (4 ingredients)

Today I shall play with my new toy.  I chose this Stamped Shortbread Cookie (4 ingredients) as the title speaks for itself.  It only takes 4 ingredients to put together this wonderfully light and buttery shortbread.


Learning experience: 

I pick the wrong day to bake this cookie.  Today is exceptionally hot and I had to chill my dough very often.

You need to dust the cutter well and the dough chills to the right texture.

Overall, I am so glad that this recipe has gotten much good feedback.  I strongly urge you to try it.


Just remember, buy the best possible butter if you can.  It does make a difference.


What you need:

260g plain flour
35g rice flour
226g salted butter, softened
65g icing sugar

Method:

Preheat oven to 180°C.  Lined baking sheet.

Sift plain flour and rice flour together and set aside.

Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.

Add in flour and blend until dough comes together.

Place dough on a piece of parchment paper.  Roll out the dough to about ¼” thick.

Dust cookie stamp with flour and cut. 

Place cookie cutter over the stamped dough and cut out the stamped cookie.

With a flat edge spatula, lift cookie onto the baking sheet.

Bake for 20 mins or until edges is slightly brown. 

Transfer to a rack to cool completely after 5 mins.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.