Thursday 11 October 2018

Cake Crumb Cookie

I freeze the cake crumbs that was leftover from my son's birthday cake.  It is about time, I turn them into something else.

As I did not want a cake, a cookie it shall be.  After all, I think the cookie will entice my son more than a cake.

So come join me and have some Cake Crumb Cookie.


Totally no wastage and yet it is nice.



Learning experience: 

The texture is like a soft cookie. 

I used the smallest ice cream scoop I have but next time I will try a medium-size one.

What you need:

1 egg
½ cup milk
345g cake crumbs
55g brown sugar
55g butter, melted
½ tsp vanilla
112g plain flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg


Method:

Preheat oven to 180°C.  Lined baking sheet.

Blitz cake crumbs in a food processor.

Egg eggs and milk until well combined.

Add egg mixture to the cake crumbs and mix well.  Let it sit for 15 mins.

Blend sugar, melted butter and vanilla together until it is fully incorporated.

In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.

Add to sugar mixture to the cake mixture and mix well.

Fold in the dry ingredients.

Using a med sized ice cream scoop, drop dough onto a baking sheet.  Flatten to about 1/3 “ thick.

Bake for 10 -1 5 mins or slightly brown.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.