Monday 2 September 2019

Pork Floss bun

I was given many packets of pork floss and now I have to think of ways to finish it up.

I like the idea of encasing the pork floss as it is less messy and it is easy to eat on the go.

I am sure this Pork Floss bun will be welcome in my family. 


Learning experience: 

I need to learn to shape it nicely.  Also, be more generous with the mayonnaise.

The texture of this bun is nice and soft.   Since there is no butter, I am sure it will stay soft even till tomorrow.


What you need:

250g bread flour
15g sugar
3g salt
4g instant yeast
35g yogurt
50g egg (1 pc)
95g water


Method:

Combine all and knead to the windowpane stage.

Shape into a ball and cover.  Cover and let it proof for 1 hr.

Remove and degas.   Divide into 8 pcs.

Shape into a ball.  Cover and let it rests for 20 mins.

Roll and flip over and pull into a rectangle.

Spread mayonnaise and spread pork floss.   Roll into a cylinder.  Seal tight and seal both ends.  Roll to tension shape.

Place into pan and proof for 40 – 45 mins.

Brush egg wash.

Bake at 200°C for 15 – 18 mins.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.