Monday 13 April 2020

Mushroom Risotto with pan fried salmon

Circuit Breaker Day 7

My girl enjoys Risotto a lot and now that I know where to buy Arborio rice easily, I guess she will be one happy girl.

Actually, I am pretty happy with this Circuit Breaker.  Everyone is at home and on time for a meal so I find it so much easier to cook and not worried whether the dish can stand time waiting.  Also, it is about time I used up the chicken broth that I had in my freezer.

Since I have stock up on mushroom, I shall just use whatever mushroom I have on hand to make Mushroom Risotto with Pan fried Salmon.



What you need:


1 litre chicken broth (need not use all, it depends on the rice absorption)
3 tbsp olive oil (2 + 1 tbsp)
100g oyster mushroom, diced small
250g shitake mushroom, sliced thinly
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
170g Arborio rice
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
30g butter
15g freshly grated parmesan cheese

Method:

In a saucepan, warm chicken broth over low heat.

On med-high heat, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sautee the mushrooms and cook until soft.  About 3 mins.  Remove mushroom and set aside.

Add 1 tbsp olive oil and stir in the diced shallot.  Cook until soft.

Add in the rice, stirring it into the oil evenly for about 2 mins.

When rice taken a golden colour, pour in the wine, stirring constantly until the wine is totally absorbed.

Add ½ cup of broth to the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed, continue with the next ½ cup of broth at a time and stirring.  The rice is cooked (approx. 15 – 20 mins).

Remove from heat and stir in the mushrooms and their liquid, butter, and Parmesan.

Season with salt and pepper.

  


Keep Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.