Friday 10 April 2020

Deep fried Gingko Nuts

Circuit Breaker Day 4

It was the last birthday that I dine at this Japanese Restaurant in Taka and I love the food there.  So beginning of this year, my friend and I dined here again.  She is a vegetarian and thus sashimi is out for her and one of her selection was this Deep Fried Salty Gingko Nuts.

I had never eaten ginkgo nuts in salty form and thus I find this interesting and tasted nice.

So today I attempted it.  This is the 2nd attempt as the first one was not done well.

This time around, I think I pretty much nail it.




Do you know that Gingko Tree is found in fossils dating back 270 million years?  I once read that it even survived the Hiroshima bombing. 


Benefits:

  • Contains powerful antioxidants
  • Help flight inflammation (eg: Arthritis, IBD, Cancer, Heart Disease, Stroke)
  • Improves Circulation and heart Health
  • Reduces Symptoms of Psychiatric disorder and dementia
  • Improves brain function
  • Reduce anxiety
  • Treat depression
  • Support vision and eye health
  • Treat headaches and migraines
  • Improve asthma 



ALERT: Limit yourself to 10 pcs per day, as it contains a potent neurotoxin that can make you sick.  

What you need:

Gingko Nut
Salt

Oil for deep fry

Method:

Crack the shell and remove the seeds.

Transfer to a bowl and add in boiling water.  Let it sit until the water turns room temp.

Rub off the skin and remove the pits.  (the pits is poisonous).

Heat up a wok of oil and deep fry until golden.

Immediately sprinkle with salt.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.