Tuesday 23 June 2020

Fudgy Black out Brownie

A few weeks ago, my friend told me she attempted this Fudgy Blackout Brownie and her kids love it.  Since I have some black cocoa powder, I decided why not give it a shot.

The author was trying to replicate the Bundt by the backyard bakers' brownie. In fact, she has two versions for us to try.  One cakey and the other is fudgy.  From research and some videos posted, the texture looks more like cakey than fudgy.  

Although I had never tasted the real McCoy before but since we are a fan of brownie.  So now, I shall test it out and see whether this will add to my family's favourite list.


Learning experience:

As normal, brownies are easy to bake.  Just don't over mix.  

Initially, I used an ice cream scoop and added a little too much and then I realised that I don't have enough batter to go round so next time, I should start off with just 2 tsp batter, spread round add fillings and top up the remaining to make it ¾ filled.

I did only a tsp filling, next time I will add 1¼ or 1½ more to it.  

Overall, the delicious is really good.  Fudgy and not too sweet.

Definitely a keeper!

Thanks for sharing this recipe. 

I am supporting my friend DG as she is also hosting the Kitchenaid Countertop Oven give away.  So here is my submission, hope to be the lucky one.

Adapted (see detail)

What you need:
Yield: 6 pcs

90g salted butter
55g dark chocolate (70%)
50g castor sugar
50g brown sugar
1 large egg, chilled
16g Dutch cocoa powder (dark)
16g black cocoa powder 
½ tsp instant coffee 
½ tsp vanilla extract
26g plain flour

Toppings:

Nutella
Chocolate chips
Sea Salt Flakes

Method:

Preheat your oven to 180°C.  Prepare a 12 cavities muffin tray. (grease only 6) and lined with a strip of baking paper across the cavities so that you can remove the brownies easier.

Melt butter and chocolate at 30 sec burst interval.  Stir to combine thoroughly.

Add in sugar and salt.  Stir until temp reached 60⁰C.  (sugar should still be a little grainy).  

Add in chilled egg and stir until fully incorporated.

Gently whisk in the cocoa powders, instant coffee and vanilla and until smooth. 

Gently whisk in the flour and mix until just combined.  Stop once flour no longer visible.

Fill batter into tray ¼ way, add your fillings and top off with batter. (¾ filled)

Bake for 11-12 mins.

Insert a skewer, it should still have some wet crumbs stick to it.  Do not over bake.

Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing and cooling on the rack.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.