Wednesday 27 May 2020

Peanut butter and Jam Muffin

Circuit Breaker Day 51

During this period, We only take brunch, tea and dinner as my family wakes up really late to have breakfast.

So besides cracking my head for dinner ideas, I have to think about tea break too.  Since I have not been baking muffin for the longest time.  Today's tea will be Peanut Butter and Jam Muffin.


Learning experience: 

I managed to get 6 instead of 9 as indicated in the recipe.   I should have sandwiched the peanut butter and jam in between the batter.  The peanut butter for this packaging is softer than the bottle one so the peanut butter did not sink into the batter.  Thus during baking, I can see the peanut butter and jam gliding down onto the pan.  Thankfully, I did not lose all.  

Really love this combination as it reminded me so much Goober spread that I love.

What you need:
yield 6 pcs

200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
50g castor sugar
50g butter, melted
240g plain yoghurt
50g milk
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla

Peanut butter
Jam

Method:

Preheat oven to 180°C.  Greased muffin cups.

Sift plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  

Whisk in the sugar.  Set aside.

In another bowl, combine melted butter, plain yoghurt, milk, egg and vanilla.  Whisk to combine.

Fold in the flour mixture to the egg mixture.    Do not over overfold.

Half fill the muffin cup with batter.

Add in peanut butter and jam.  Top off the remaining batter.  (You can add a little peanut butter and jam on top to make it pretty)

Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.

Transfer to a cooling rack.

NOTE: DO NOT EAT IMMEDIATELY as the Jam and peanut butter is burning hot.


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.