Monday 24 March 2014

Dry Mee Siam

Of late, we have been eating a lot of spicy food.  Actually hubby loves spicy food but because I have bowel movement problem after eating too much spicy food I usually timed out such dishes.  Giving me time to readjust my body.

All these changed ever since I bought a water filter system.  Now I swear by it that it really helps us.  Not only hubby's ulcer has improved (even with spicy food), my bowel is no longer an issue if I consumed such dishes.

So today, I went on to prepare Dry Mee Siam.




What you need:

1 pkt Beehoon (Chilli Brand) – soaked and drained
300g beansprout
300g Medium size Prawns (shelled and deveined)
150g chive (one and half inch sections)
2 pcs Tau kwa (dice and deep-fried)
1 bowl Assam water (golf ball size tamarind)
1 red onion (cut in half and slice finely)
1 tsp tsp salt
1½ tsp sugar
4 tbsp oil

B - REMPAH ** to grind

15-20 dry chillies (soaked)
3 fresh red Chilli Padi
8 shallots
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp dried shrimps (hay bee) to be soaked
2½ tbsp Tau cheo   

Garnishing    

6 eggs (hard-boiled and cut into wedges)
5 local limes (halved)

Method

Fried rempah until fragrant.  Remove and set aside.

Put aside 2 tbsp rempah for prawns and taukwa.

Add balance rempah to drained beehoon and mix together to coat well in a container.

Heat wok with some oil and fry the onion til fragrant. 

Add rempah and fry prawns and fried taukwa cubes.  Remove and set aside.

Heat wok up again, add in mixed beehoon and the bowl of tamarind juice.  Add more water to the dryness you liked and toss until it cooked.

Add in the cooked prawns, taukwa, chives and beansprout and mixed well.   

Remove, garnish and serve.



Cheers

6 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,

    I always assume that most Singaporeans can handle spicy food very well... ok ok I'm convinced now that everyone like hot spicy food :p

    Your dry mee siam looks yummy and I can imagine that your spicy food loving husband will love this very much :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, actually not all. I have know many Singaporeans that do take spicy foo well. My family, out of 4 kids, only 1 eat spicy and that is me. hehehe

      Delete
  2. Oh my god! This looks too appetizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith

    May I know more about the water filter system that you mentioned in this post.

    What is the brand and where to find out more about it.

    Thanks

    Regards
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn can you email me at rumblingtummy23@gmail.com. I will forward you the contact.

      Delete
  4. Hi Edith

    Thanks for the prompt reply. I have just emailed you.

    Regards,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.