Monday 20 July 2020

蒜香排骨 Garlic ribs

Today, let's attempt 蒜香排骨 Garlic ribs.  In my family, we consumed a large amount of garlic daily.  So this dish will appeal I am sure.  


Learning experience:

This is my first time using baking soda to clean the ribs.  Apparently, this will help to remove any strange smell and blood settlement from the pork.

I made a big booboo when cooking this dish.  The second I lower the ribs into the oil, I knew right away something was wrong!  I totally forgot to coat them in flours before lowering it to the oil so I had to remove it and add in the flours, but I think it was too late because some areas, the flours did not adhere.

Overall, the dish is very tasty, thanks to a couple of hours to marinate it.

I also sieve out those garlic bits and my girl commented it was good.

This is the first time I used glutinous rice flour as a coating.  Since I made a blunder, I couldn't really tell the texture.  So if you are trying it, can you feedback please?

What you need:

600g baby back ribs
½ tsp baking soda

1 stalk spring onion
15g ginger, skinned and cut to pieces
50g garlic, skinned
30g water

1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 piece fermented beancurd
3g oyster sauce
8g cooking wine
6g soya sauce
1 egg

30g potato starch
35g glutinous rice flour

Method:

Chop up the ribs to your preferred size, add in baking soda and give it a rub.  Add in water and wash for 2 mins to clear off the blood from the bones.  Discard water and rinse off well.  Drain.

In a blender, add in spring onion, ginger and garlic and blend to a paste.

Combine seasonings into a bowl.  Adjust the saltiness to your liking.

Add seasonings to the ribs together with the garlic paste.  Mix well and chill for 2 hours.

Add in flours and mix well.

Heat up a wok with oil to 150°C.  

Lower heat to med small and fry ribs for 3 mins.

Remove and drain.

Heat oil again to 180°C and fry ribs for 10 secs.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.