Thursday 6 August 2020

Sweet and sour pork rib 糖醋排骨

Today, we shall have Sweet and sour pork rib 糖醋排骨.  I think from now on, I will just buy baby back rib for all my pork rib dishes.  I hardly cook ribs as I find that it is not meaty most of the time.  Since now I change to a new butcher, it is his recommendation to get the baby back ribs.


Learning experience:

For mouthfeel, I am beginning to like baby back ribs.  It is meaty and fulfilling.

Since I don't have 陈醋, I substitute with 果醋.

This turned out really good and my family gives a thumbs up for it.

What you need:

700g baby back ribs
2 tbsp + 2 tbsp rice wine
1 spring onion, cut into segment
20g ginger, smashed and sliced

Marinate

35g rock sugar
25g black vinegar 陈醋
1 tsp salt
5g light soya sauce
10g dark soya sauce (optional)

White sesame seed, toasted (garnish)

Method:

Mix marinate.  Set aside.

Heat a wok of water and blanch pork rib, add rice wine to it.  Bring to a boil and remove scum.  Drain.

Heat wok, add oil to coat the wok, remove excess oil.

Add in blanched rib and cook for 3 mins.

Add in spring onion, ginger and rice wine and cook for 2 mins.

Add in the marinade and toss into the ribs to coat evenly.

Add enough water to slightly cover the ribs, bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 40 mins or until marinade thickens.

Sprinkle toasted sesame (oops I forgot to add this).

Serve with jasmine rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.