Thursday 19 November 2020

Crispy Cracker with Pork Floss and cheese 脆皮肉松和奶酪

When I saw this recipe from Anncoo's Journal, it was perfect timing because I needed to clear off a packet of gyoza skin from the fridge.  Bought it thinking I can make dumpling but time did not permit me to do it.

It was indeed a snack that can prepare quickly.


Thanks A for such a brilliant recipe.  

Learning experience:

I have tweaked the method a little as I was too lazy to clank up the big oven, I just use a smaller oven to do this job.  I broke down the steps into two baking times as one tray only allows me to fit 6 - 7 gyoza skin.

So what I did was to pre-baked the skin first.   Then I lowered the tray and using bottom heat to finish the process.

It was indeed crunchy even the next day.  

Only thing is that the cheddar taste was not really evident and this did not entice son.

Be careful to watch over the last 3 mins of baking time as the pork floss can be burnt easily.


What you need:

1 packet of gyoza skin 
pork floss
cheddar cheese
oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 deg.  Line baking pan.

Brush generously a layer of oil over the gyoza skin for both sides.  Arrange them on the tray.

Bake for 2 mins until you see the skin blisters.  Remove.

Add in the pork floss and top off with cheese.

Bake for 3 mins on 2nd bottom rack.  Watch carefully as it takes seconds to burn the skin.

Remove and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before storing in airtight containers.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.