Monday 30 November 2020

Mini Lemon Madeleines

Girl loves madeleines and I thought it will be a nice surprise for her if I bake some for her.  She has been working really hard and I don't get to see her if I don't send her to school. 

So when I saw H baked these, I thought I will give hers a try.

Finally, I used my new silicone Madeleine mould that I actually bought it for another recipe but as usual, it has been sleeping quietly for a while.


This Mini Lemon Madeleine is so cute.  Really bite size and I beginning to like it because I can just pop inside the mould.  No crumbs drop!

The recipe did not indicate the lemon juice or zest used. So I just add in 1 tsp of lemon oil and 1 lemon zest.


What you need:

10g honey
100g butter, unsalted
90g cake flour
10g almond flour
4g baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
60g castor sugar
1 tsp lemon oil
zest of 1 lemon

Method:

Microwave butter until dissolved.  Be mindful not to over heat too much or else it will split.

Mix in honey and set aside to cool. 

In a bowl, sift cake flour, almond flour and baking powder.

In another bowl, whisk egg and sugar until combined.

Fold in the flour mixture until smooth.

Add in butter/honey in 3 additions, mixing well in each addition until shiny and smooth.  Transfer to piping bag.  Sealed.

Chill overnight.

Greased mould generously and dust with flour, remove excess.  (Since I am using silicone mould, I omit this).

Let the chilled batter thaw until pipeable stage.

Preheat oven to 180

Pipe batter into mould.

Bake for 12 – 15 mins or until golden.  (I baked mine at 8 mins since it is mini)

Remove from mould immediately and cool on rack.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.