Monday 7 April 2014

White Bread Loaf (Air Fryer)

Ever since I bought my air fryer, I am determined not to turn it into a white elephant.  

This time I spotted an interesting White Bread Loaf recipe and it does look easy to prepare and true enough I was able to get the loaf ready before my lunch date with my pals.

After I put the dough into the air fryer, I went to take a shower.  After I came out, I can detect a strong burnt smell in the air.  Immediately I thought that my bread will be a goner.  Rundown and realised that it was burnt because of the top heating element.

Darn, should have baked it into a small bun instead.

After it was cooled down, I quickly sliced a few slices to bring to my girlfriends for feedback.  



Learning experience: 

It was soft and fluffy and tasted good.  In fact, SL wanted the recipe so that she can try too.

Thanks CP for sharing this recipe via the FB Air Fryer group.


Note: This recipe is best eaten fresh within a day.  It will not stay soft the next day but you can toast it and slap on some jam or butter and it will be still okay.

What you need:

A
300g plain flour
2 tbs honey
2 tbs condense milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast

B
1 small egg
150ml cold milk

C
30ml olive oil

Method:

Mix (A) add (B). Knead to a dough.

Mix (C) & knead to a smooth dough.

Proof till it double in size.

Punch it down, shape & rest 10 - 15mins.

Brush with water.

AF at 160°C for 20mins.

31 comments:

  1. es, i saw your post in FB :)... one of those days isn't it? neh'mind... pat pat your back.... i will eat it anytime... burnt or not burnt... but just because you made it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,

    Interesting that you have your air fryer to bake this bread. I thought of buying it initially but can't think of any purpose for me to use it :p Now, I'm changing my opinion...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, I have been thinking about it when their first model came out but held back until now.

      Delete
  3. Hi Edith, I didn't know air fryer can be used to bake bread. I was told it is good for deep fried food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try air fryer sweet bun but come out surface is hard but inside is soft?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi
    can advice what container did u use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I have a bread tin with cover.

      Delete
    2. Is it possible to do without a cover?

      Delete
    3. You can but double wrap a tin foil over it to prevent it expanding to hit the top grill.

      Delete
  6. Can you please tell me which are those contains please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pullman bread tin. You can easily find it in a baking supply store.

      Delete
  7. Hi Edith,

    May I know what brand of AF do you own?

    Regards
    May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry May for the late response as I am away. The brand is philips.

      Delete
  8. How much flour is 300g?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are referring to US cup, it should be around 2 cups.

      Delete
  9. Made whole wheat rolls today - turned out wonderfully:
    1/2 C hot water
    1/2 T dry yeast
    1 T Vital gluten
    1/2 tspn salt
    2 T Brown sugar
    2 T Melted butter
    1 C Whole wheat flour

    Throw everything into mixer except 1/4 C of the flour. Beat with a wire wisk. Add remaining flour while using mixer a little at a time until dough pulls away from sides. Let mixer knead for 5 minutes. Remove dough, form ball and let rest for 2-3 minutes. flatten ball by hand to about 8" across, cut in quarters and form 4 balls. Liberally butter small, square-ish Pyrex dish that fits easily in air fryer. Place formed balls in dish and pre-heat air fryer at 360 degrees for 30 seconds, place Pyrex dish with rolls in air fryer to proof for 25 minutes (or so to double depending on local temp and humidity). Bake for 12 minutes at 360 degrees. 5 minutes prep, 5 minutes knead, 25 minutes proof, 12 minutes bake = 47 minutes! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Will bookmarked your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  10. Wow, Its look very good. it is a good idea to make a white bread. i will definately try this.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used a baby-Bosch to knead the dough for the 5 minutes - that was the only other kitchen appliance other than the air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow a baby Bosch only needed 5 mins to knead? Will explore once my two mixers breaks down. Right now my KA and Kenwood is serving me pretty well. Already more than 15 yrs and 7 yrs and still working good.

      Delete
  13. Can we bake bread in air fryer? wow, that's news for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been baking bread in air fryer quite often.

      Delete
  14. Delicious. I always burn the bread in the air fryer. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try wrapping a foil over it. Grease the contact point.

      Delete
  15. I'm in love with these bread loafs and it becomes healthier if made using Air fryers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this valuable post. Keep posting more about air fryer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.