Thursday 10 December 2020

Homemade Tortilla

This year's time flew by so quickly.  Am so glad that everyone took this pandemic positively and most of us become socially responsible by not spreading the deadly virus.  

The wrap is such an easy quick bite for either breakfast or lunch or even dinner.   It is also pretty freestyle, whereby you can add your favourite meat and vegetable.  

Another way to use Tortilla is Fajitas which I also like.  I remembered my first taste of that was in Hard Rock Cafe.

Lately, I have been feeling tired, so a quick meal it will be for this submission.  So here is our Grilled Chicken Tortilla.  Did an easy grilled chicken in the air fryer, shred some vegetables, add some cheese and tada.... a quick meal.  I totally forgot about the dressing as the chicken was already very tasty and we were too hungry to notice it until this post.

I decided to make some homemade Tortilla and it was a good decision because the tortilla was really very good.  Soft and has a nice buttery fragrance to it.


Learning experience

I did it by machine and I did not have to worry about the stickiness.  The dough is soft and easy to work with after the rest.  

Only thing is that when I transfer the dough onto the pan, I could maintain its shape.  Maybe a tortilla pan will be easier.

Always to watch the blistering, if overcooked, the tortilla will be hard.

Another way to softened it is to steam it.

I think from now on, I can make some to freeze as use it whenever I want a quick meal.

This recipe is definitely a keeper!

Source

What you need:
Yield 6 pcs

1½ tbsp vegetable shortening (20g) 
1½ tbsp unsalted butter (15g) 
½ cup water

200g.  plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of salt 

Method:

Combine shortening and butter.  Microwave for 15 sec until it melted.  Whisk to combine and set aside.

In a mixer, add plain flour, salt, baking powder together.

Add in butter/shortening mixture and mix well.

Knead for 10 mins until smooth.

Shape into a ball and clingwrap.  Let it rest for 15 mins.

Grease your hand and divide the dough into 2 oz. 

Tension shape into a ball.  Lightly rub with shortening.

Cover and let it rest for 20 – 25 mins.

Lightly flour counter and rolling pin. 

Roll the dough in one direction and turn 90 and roll into a thin disc.  (good enough to see through if possible)

Heat up the nonstick pan well.  Place the disc and let it bubble up and then flip over.  Do not crisp it.

Cover with clean towels to keep them moist.

Enjoy and continue to keep safe and keep on fighting with this covid!  I am sure we can overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.