Monday 30 August 2021

Moist Chocolate Cake (2)

Actually, I  baked this Moist Chocolate Cake (2) for my kiddos' birthday but decided against serving it as I wanted to challenge myself to a cake that encompasses more components.

So this cake was like a fallback plan if my two cakes weren't successful.   

Some years ago, on my firstborn 18th and 13th birthday, I recalled I baked a Moist Chocolate Cake and my kids love it.  Unfortunately, I cannot recall which recipe I used as I did not document it.
That is why this blog is so important. 



Finding: Despite having this cake wrapped and frozen for a week, the texture still turned out moist and chocolaty.

Kids said they prefer it sweeter, perhaps it was the dark chocolate that I used.  


What you need:

100g plain flour
50g dark cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
180g unsalted butter
170g castor sugar  (increase to 200g)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
200ml evaporated milk

Method:

Preheat oven to 170 deg.  Lined a 7" round pan.

Sift plain flour, dark cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.  Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Whisk in the egg one at a time and then the vanilla extract.

Fold in ½ of the evaporated milk and 1/of the flour mixture.  Alternative with the evaporated milk and flour mixture.   Until milk and flour are fully incorporated.

Pour into pan and bake for 40-50 mins until the skewer comes out clean.


Enjoy


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.