Tuesday 12 April 2022

Steam Chocolate cake

It's been ages since I last make a Steam Chocolate Cake.   Usually, I made a big tray but these days, no one is really interested in my bakes.  So this portion size is just nice.  

Need to feed me some fats as I had been losing weight too quickly.  My friend, N said that I should monitor myself as such weight loss is unhealthy.   I am thankful that I have friends that notice that and show their concerns.  


Learning:

This is the rare time I used the Thermomix to make cakes.  Am happy that this turned out really well.  Reminded me of those fun times I had with forum members nearly 20 years ago!

What you need:

180g butter, cubed
150g sugar
2 eggs (grade A)
200g fresh milk

100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda

Method:

Line a loaf pan.

Sift plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and soda.  Set aside.

Add butter, sugar, and milk into TM bowl. 5 mins/50℃/Sp 2.

Add in one egg at a time thru the MC hole.  10 sec/Sp3.

Add in sifted dry mixture into TM bowl.  30 sec/Sp4.

Pour batter into loaf pan.  Cover with aluminum foil.

Place onto Varoma dish.  

Add 1 liter of water into TM bowl.  Stack varoma dish and ready to steam. 50 min/Varoma/Sp2.

Once the skewer came out clean, it is done.

Cool on rack.

Serve warm is nice.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.