Tuesday 25 February 2014

Lemon Ricotta Pancake

I bought a tub of ricotta cheese recently and forgotten what I wanted to use it for.   Before it expires, I better use it up.  Opted to incorporate it into pancake as it is the easiest also I never tried a Lemon Ricotta Pancake before so this will be the great chance to experiment and find out.

I love the fluffy texture and family enjoyed it as well.

I used Baker's lemon curd as I do not have home made lemon curd.  Nevertheless, it is still yummy.



What you need:


113g all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
250g ricotta cheese
2 eggs
165g milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Butter, for griddle


Method:


Preheat a nonstick flat pan.

Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl. 


Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. 


Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.


Brush the hot pan with butter. 


For each pancake, I used a ice cream scoop and pour one scoop of the batter on the pan and cook on both sides until light golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.

For the lemon curd sauce.


Put the required amount and add in one tbsp of water.  Zap in the microwave for 30 sec.  Stir and zap for another 30 sec.


Drizzle a few tablespoons of the curd over the pancakes.  You can top with fresh fruits, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.


Source: Bobby Flay

Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up 'Lemons' hosted by Grace, Life can be simple.

Organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My little favourite DIY.



Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. decadent!!! loves likes a zesty breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the fragrant smell from lemon, this pan cake + lemon curd deserve two thumbs up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pancakes look so good withe lemon sauce oozing down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith,

    I wish that I have time every morning to cook pancakes for our breakfast. These ricotta pancakes are beautiful!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.