Monday 27 March 2023

Detox drink - brighten up the skin (1)

After my fall, and after I can use my hands again, I discovered 小红书 and had been browsing it.  Though my Chinese proficiency is not great anymore, even if I had to rewind and rewind to understand what they are saying, I do enjoy catching up on the knowledge.  One such topic that captured me was the detox drinks.

So here I am, with detox drinks that claim to be able to brighten up the skin and nourish the liver.  TCM believes the liver is an important organ that triggers many illnesses, thus it is important to detox and keep it in good condition.

During my "immobility" period, I was at a loss.  It was frustrating as all my limbs were affected.  Then i discover Little Red Book.  Despite my half-past-six Mandarin as they speak really fast, I slowly begin to explore that world.  So much knowledge to absorb and so enriching.

One topic that I wanted to explore was how to detox or nourish naturally.

So here we are on this Brighten up the skin (1) series.  To be honest, I did not even know what is 肝 initially.  


Learning: I start to notice those new age spots fade slightly after 3 weeks of drinking.  Am I hallucinating?  errr... will continue for another month or so or at least until it is gone completely.

What you need:

10g lily bulb 白合
10g bai fu ling 白符岭
25g red dates, seed removed 

3g dried rose
10g dried mulberry 

600ml water

Method:

Rinse lily bulb, bai fu ling, and red dates.

Add in the water and bring to a boil for 10 mins.

Rinse dried mulberry and add to the boiling water and boil for another 10 mins.

Turn off the heat and add to the dried rose.

Serve.

Drink 3 times a week.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.