Friday 3 May 2013

Alternanthera sessilis red (红田乌凉茶) herbal drink

It is time to harvest some Alternanthera sessilis red (红田乌) that I planted.   Alternanthera sessilis red can be boiled as a herbal drink.   

Accordingly to what I read, it has cooling benefit and I was told it was good for diabetic as well. 

It is also used to treat flatulence, nausea, vomiting, headaches, bronchitis, asthma and vertigo.



This time round, I added raw sugar and surprisingly the taste comes out very much ribena like (as my kids commented).  




Have a good weekend.

What you need:

A bundle of Alternanthera sessilis red (红田乌)
rock sugar to taste

Method:

Wash Alternanthera sessilis red (红田乌) and boil with water.  Bring to a brisk boil and lower flame and simmer for half hour.

Add in rock sugar and continue for another 10 mins.



Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.