Wednesday 12 March 2014

Spicy Fried Chicken Wings (Airfyer)

2nd dish to attempt on air fryer was Spicy Fried Chicken Wings.  I used mid joint for this recipe.  

Based on the recipe given, I wasn't able to get golden hue after 20 mins and thus I repeated the process one round.  So in total I air fried it three times, 10 mins for the first two times and 7 mins for the last round.  Luckily it still turned out juicy.

Overall, it doesn't give that crispy texture as fried.  As you can see, there are still some mid joints that are not golden hue.  Perhaps because I line a piece of baking paper under it to catch all the drippings.  

Taste wise it is good.



What you need:

3 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp mustard
6 tsp brown sugar
3 tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
24 mid joints

Method

Marinate chicken with all the seasonings and let it rest for half hour or more.

Preheat air fryer to 200 deg

Put in the mid joints and air fry it for 10 mins.  

Adjust temp to 150 deg and continue to air fry for another 10 mins (I turned chicken over for this).

Continue another 7 mins until the chicken is cooked and golden brown.




3 comments:

  1. I havent tasted this but I already knew this is real good! Finger lickin goood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have an air fryer at home. Is more healthy to use the air fryer but deep fried food is tastier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. air fried wings is gooooooddddddddddd~~~ great recipe to have around for the world cup season when the men watch the games

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.