Monday 18 August 2014

Bubur Cha Cha (摩摩喳喳) (2)

Hubby likes Bubur Cha Cha (摩摩喳喳) and as for me, I love those tapioca dough in it.  Making such dessert, you need to have audience, if not, it is not worth preparing it.  

Since I have workers coming in to fix my patio deck, I think this will be the best time to make a pot for all of us.


Now I am glad to know that I have another buddy for these tapioca dough.  My daughter!  She loves it so much that she was asking for more!

What you need:

300g yam (skinned and cubed)
150g yellow sweet potatoes (skinned and cubed)
150g purple sweet potatoes (skinned and cubed)
1 cup coconut milk
100 g sugar (according to taste)
15 pcs pandan leaves
2 cup of water

For the coloured dough (boiling water method)

200g Tapioca flour
½ cup boiling water
food colouring

Method:

Steam yam, sweet potatoes till semi soft.

Put tapioca flour in a large mixing bowl.

Pour in boiling water.

Mixed it with a spoon till it is well blended.

Microwave for 1 min.

Add in food colouring.

Knead till dough is smooth.

Cut into bite size and drop them in a pot of boiling water. Once it floats, it is done.  Scoop and drain into a bowl filled with ice.  It should turn into semi translucent.  Set aside.

In a large pot, add pandan leaves and water.

Bring to boil and then add in sugar.

Once sugar dissolved, add yam, sweet potatoes.

Follow by coconut milk.

Bring to a slight boil and add in coloured dough.

Serve either cold or hot.





Today, my girl started her first day of school after two weeks of isolation due to chicken pox.  

I hope all doing their Prelim will be able to stay focus.  

Best of luck little one!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, I love your bubur cha cha. Looks so good! I have never made this dessert before and I heard it is not easy to achieve qq dough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lian it is not true that it is hard to make that tapioca dough. The trick is to dunk them into ice water.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.