Sunday 17 August 2014

Skinless Longganisa

Every Wednesday, I have to prepare dinner that enable my gal to eat on the go.  Poor baby isn't she.  Hang on there, another 1 month plus are you are done.

Since she likes sausages, I think I will make her some.  

Longganisa is a sausage that is very popular among the Filipinos.  As for me, I don't recall eating this at all.

I am not a big fan of sausages these days.  I think I got paranoid after our camper-van holiday in Canada many years ago.  The weather was so good that we practically had BBQ everyday during that holiday and of course we had sausages which they have a huge collection of.

Nevertheless, my family still loves sausages and so today I try my hand at making them.  

Actually for many years, I wanted to attempt homemade sausages long time ago, I even got a friend, JL to buy the casing for me when she went back to Sabah for a visit but I was silly to give away the casing to another person who wanted it.  Yes, this is what I do for "friend", at least during that time, I thought she was my friend.

Since now I don't have the casing, here is a skinless version.




Findings: I use a very lean minced pork and it was a big mistake.  Next round, I must add in more fats.  Overall, it is easier than I imagined.

Adapted from : Adora's Box and Tagalong Kitchen

What you need:

375g minced pork
1½ tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp shao hsing wine
½ tbsp minced garlic
1½ tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp oil

Method:

Combine seasoning and mixed well.

In a glass container with lid, add in minced pork and stir it until all is well blended.  Stir in one direction until the mixture becomes pasty.

Chilled for 3 days in the fridge.

Divide mixture into 8 portions. Shaped into a cylinder form with oiled baking paper, roll and seal.

Baked in the oven for 180°C for 20 mins.


Serve with garlic fried rice (sinangag), fried eggs and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.