Sunday 28 August 2016

Waldorf Salad with homemade sauce

When I was young and still in school, I work at a pizzeria and one of the item on the menu that I love was the Waldorf Salad.

I got married and was still childless, this salad I made often when my better half was travelling and I was home alone for dinner.

Come to think about it, I have not made this for a long time.  Perfect to bring to a BBQ.

This time round, I did it with homemade sauce and it is so much healthier.  Totally love it.  Next time, I will add some meat to it.

Join me for a bowl of Waldorf Salad.

What you need:
Serve 1

60g plain yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper

Green apple
Celery
Raisins
Walnut

Method:

Mix yogurt, lemon juice together until a smooth consistency.  Season with salt and pepper.

Mix into the greens.

Toss in raisins.

Add in walnut with ready to serve.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.