Sunday 6 November 2016

Crispy Prawn Fritter 香脆炸虾 (2)

My mom used to fry Crispy Prawn Fritter 香脆炸虾 often but I hardly prepare this dish for my family.  Partly because I always get splattered with oil when deep frying.

Since I was missing this dish so today I will cook some for the family.


What you need:

500g prawns (remove shell and devein with tail intact)

1 tsp salt
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp white pepper

150g self raising flour
1 tbsp wheat starch flour 淀面粉
1 tsp salt
½ tsp white pepper
7 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil
40g egg white
150g water (to add slowly)

Method:

Marinate prawns and chill it for 4 hours.

Combine all ingredients except water.

Slowly add in the water, stirring to form a semi thick paste.

Heat oil.

Dip prawns into the batter and deep fry immediately.

Drain and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.