Thursday 22 December 2016

Tofu Meatball

The very next day after I came back from my break, I woke up with a sharp pain on my heel.  I am not sure whether it is heel spur but from experience, it does not feel like it.  Nevertheless, I have been trying not to be on my feet too long.  After consulting the doctor, I found out that I actually had a sprain and also suffering from heel spur.  

Darn, with the festive period, I have so many things to do and yet being on the feet hurts! arrrgh.  Kiddos also not been having proper meal of late, so here is my attempt to provide one for the family.

I got inspired by Joyce's Lazy man meatball and since family is missing home cooked food so today I chose this recipe as it is easy to prepare especially with my thermomix.

Just dump, blitz and wahla. 


It sure is easy and yet tasty.

Thanks Joyce for this awesome recipe.

What you need:

280g minced pork
2 egg tofu
2 stick small carrot, peel and cut into small chunks
1.5 egg
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
8 tsp corn flour
½ tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp pepper

Cooking oil for deep frying

Method:

Combine minced pork, egg tofu, egg, carrot and all seasonings into the thermomix.  Blitz until carrot is no longer in chunk.  Set to reserve mode and blitz for another 2 – 3 mins until mixture thickens.
(for hand method, please refer to Joyce’s instruction). 

Transfer into a container, clingwrap and chill at least 3 hours.

Heat cooking oil for deep frying.

Using an ice cream scoop, scoop and lower meat paste into the hot oil.  Fry until golden brown and turn to continue cooking.

Drain off oil and serve.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.