Monday 10 April 2017

Grilled Mushroom with teriyaki sauce

Recently, one of the dish that I had in a vegetarian restaurant was Grilled Mushroom with teriyaki sauce.  Though my friends find it hard but I, on the contrary like the bite.

In fact, it is a very simple dish to recreate at home and I opted for a home made teriyaki sauce instead of a store bought.


I am not sure whether when I prepared this, will it be hard.  Thus I cut it thinner so that it will be acceptable for all.

Though I did not season the mushroom but the sauce make this dish really delicious. 

Do try it if you out on a no meat diet.


What you need

4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp sake
4 tbsp mirin  
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp water

1 packet of Abalone Mushroom (if you prefer, cut off the top for nicer presentation), slice


Method:

Sauce: 

In a small saucepan, combine sugar, mirin, and soy sauce and bring to a boil.

In a small bowl, mix corn starch with water.

Whisk the cornstarch mixture in the sauce.

Stir the sauce while it's being reduced to the consistency you like. 


Mushroom

Place the sliced mushroom over a grill pan and grill on med heat until it has soften.  Turn over and repeat.  (if you want to have a more obvious grilled lines, brush a thin layer of oil)

Place on serving dish and drizzle the teriyaki sauce over.

Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.