Wednesday 31 May 2017

Water Kefir Cocoa Campagne

I was getting the fun of baking "coloured" bread.  First I had a yellow bread with turmeric and then I had a purple bread with purple sweet potato.  Now I am eager to try a brown one.


I still need to work on my consistency.  Somehow, when I baked bread with nuts and fruits, it always not been successful.  

So this time round, I just focus with flavour.  To entice my son to eat a slice, this time round, I added in cocoa powder and chocolate chips.  



Observation: I really love the chocolatey taste to this Cocoa Campagne.  Let's hope my family likes it. 


What you need:

230g bread flour
20g cocoa powder
20g brown sugar
4g salt

160g water kefir
100g water kefir starter

50g chocolate chip

Method:

Combine bread flour, cocoa powder and brown sugar to form a rough dough.

Mix the water kefir starter with water kefir.

Add starter water into the flour mixture  and knead to pass window pane stage.

Form into a ball and let it rise under 3 times its original size.
  
Punch down, flatten and sprinkle with chocolate chip and tension ball it.

Place into a floured banneton.  Let it proof for 1.5 to 2 hours.

Place onto baking pan and score.

Preheat oven to 250°C and bake at 230°C for 25 – 30 mins.


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.