Friday 2 June 2017

Air Baked Pao De Queijo (rice flour) aka Baked Cheese Ball (4)

I love love Pao De Queijo aka baked cheese ball.  My first encounter was in this bakery near Isetan.  I just can't stop eating it.    I remembered back in 2005, a group of us those a forum, gathered together and testing out recipes just to get the same result as the one in that bakery.  I have attempted here and here.

It was soon long forgotten by me as I no longer enjoy making a trip down Orchard Road.

Suddenly I was craving for this and since I had some leftover steam potatoes from last night dinner, I wanted to use it up quickly.

Make a small batch just to munch on it as I have no appetite of late due to the cough.




Observation: Though it is chewy but I find the potato taste on the strong side.  It is also nothing close to those in the bakeries.  

Nevertheless, it is still a good recipe if you have extra mashed potatoes.  I think this is a good recipe for a fast snack to prepare for kids too.

Adapted: Source

What you need:

145g potatoes, steamed 
40g potato starch 
15g rice flour 
Pinch of salt 
35g pizza cheese 
2½ tbsp water  

Method:  

Mash hot steam potato very well.  Make sure no lumps.

While it is still hot, add potato starch, rice flour and salt together.  Mix thoroughly.  

Add in cheese.  

Add in water and knead into a dough.   Add water tsp by tsp after if it is too dry. 

Roll into a cylinder and cut small portion to form into a ball.    

Preheat air fryer to 200°C and bake for 15 mins until golden.  

Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.