Friday 24 November 2017

Kueh Tutu 嘟嘟糕 (2)

One of my favourite snack is Kueh Tutu 嘟嘟糕.  I have attempted it before in here and till now, I am still seeking for THE recipe.  

Spotted AL attempted it and hers yield a higher water ratio than the one I tried.  Somehow all recipes available are based on 1 cup rice flour.  The variable is the water ratio.  This time, it is based on 90ml.  

Thanks AL for sharing.



Findings: I did not fry the rice flour over the wok, instead, I used back the same method as my first attempt.

The crack rate for this is zero but somehow the tutu came out chewy which I don't know why.  Also the texture, as you can see, is not as fine as those store bought or even the one I attempted before.

I perhaps had over handle the flour?   Will the brand of rice flour matters?  or is the sieve of wrong fine-ness? 

I will definitely try this again for I think the fault lies in me.

What you need:
yield: 12 pcs



Fillings

75g gula Melaka, finely chopped
Grated coconut
¼ tsp salt

In a frying pan, add gula Melaka and simmer, stir until melted.

Add in grated coconut and salt.  Mix well.  Set aside to cool.

Tutu

1 cup rice flour
90ml water
½ tsp salt

Method:

Place rice flour on a plate and microwave it for 1½ min.

Sprinkle water using the fork, coating evenly.

Press flour through a sieve.

Place flour onto mold half way and add peanut and layer with another layer of flour.

Put a pandan leave

Cover with cloth and steam on high for 12 mins.


If you are interested in the mold, I bought mine many years ago in Ailin (Tanjong Katong Shopping Centre) but it is also available in Sun Lik (which is more expensive). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.