Monday 22 January 2018

Tea Egg 茶葉蛋

My girl was asking for Tea Egg 茶葉蛋, so today, I bought a batch of eggs that are smaller size from my usual for this recipe.

I had done Tea Egg 茶葉蛋 and recorded at my old blog before and I recalled that the recipe was really good but since I don't know know any medical hall in my area, I went for a simpler version this time round.


Findings: The egg turned out really well.  The egg white still has that tenderness.  

If you do not like really strong herbal taste to the tea egg, this recipe is good enough.

Personally, I prefer the one with more herbs added.

What you need:

10 eggs
½ tbsp rock sugar
50ml light soy sauce
½ tsp salt
2 lipton tea bags
2 Oo loong tea bags
½” Cinnamon stick
2 Star anise

Water

Method:

Wash eggs clean. 

In a pot of water, submerged eggs (water level must cover up ½” above the egg level).  Bring to a boil for 10 mins.  Stir the eggs gently around to maintain yolks in the centre.

Turn off heat and let it sit until water turned warm.

Crack the bottom of the egg and sides with a spoon.

In a pot, combine rock sugar, soy sauce, salt, tea and spices.  Bring to boil for 10 mins.

Add in eggs and boil for 20 mins.

Turn off heat and let the eggs sit in the tea broth overnight to enhance flavour.




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.